Để giúp các bạn chuẩn bị tốt trong kì thi đại học khối A1,D sắp tới, chúng ta cùng nhau làm thử các đề thi thử đại học môn tiếng Anh.
Các đề thi thử đại học môn tiếng Anh
I. PRONUNCIATION AND STRESS
A. Which word is stressed differently from the others?
1. A. scientific B. analysis C. conventional D. psychology
2. A. remind B. react C. repair D. reason
3. A. industry B. inflation C. initial D. appointment
4. A. corporation B. graphology C. contradiction D. contribution
5. A. summarize B. analyze C. contradict D. demonstrate
B. Which underlined part is pronounced differently?
6. A. surprising B. irony C. remind D. literacy
7. A. able B. playful C. pass D. bake
8. A. hour B. hectic C. highlight D. handle
9. A. gold B. gesture C. good D. grade
10. A. gesture B. toaster C. material D. static
II. GRAMMAR AND STRUCTURE
A. Choose the word (A, B, C, or D) that best completes each sentence.
11. “How many books does she have?” “She possesses …… books.”
A. a great deal of B. very much C. plenty of D. lots
12. Don’t you think that …… are too high for businessmen?
A. tax B. taxes C. taxis D. taxs
13. I have …… friends and we meet quite often.
A. much B. few C. a few D. a little
14. …… coffee is grown in many countries.
A. the B. a C. an D. none is correct.
15. If Bob’s wife doesn’t agree to sign the papers, …….
A. neither he will B. neither won’t he C. neither will he D. he won’t neither
16. My daughter is …… young to go to school.
A. very B. too C. so D. enough
17. We arrived …… to have some coffee before class.
A. enough early B. early enough C. too early D. early too
18. All …… test tubes must be replaced by chemistry students.
A. to break B. break C. broken D. breaking
19. When James noticed the …… building, he notified the fire department immediately.
A. burn B. burning C. burnt D. burns
20. “During the exam, we are not permitted to talk, walk or smoke.” “That’s right. The school authority won’t allow …….”
A. to smoke B. smoke C. smoking D. smokes
21. Ancient civilizations were not aware that the earth …… a sphere.
A. is B. was C. has been D. had been
22. When …… a dictionary, you need to be able to understand the symbols and abbreviations it contains.
A. having used B. use C. to use D. using
23. The news …… bad last night.
A. were B. was C. has been D. have been
24. When Mr.Kim needs a car, he uses …….
A. his son’s B. that one of his son C. car of his son D. he son’s own car
25. That umbrella is …….
A. our B. our’s C. ours D. of us
26. If we leave now for our trip, we can drive half the distance before we stop …… lunch.
A. having B. to have C. having had D. for having
27. Consequently over ninety per cent of the damage …… by fire rather than by the collapse of buildings.
A. caused B. was causing C. causing D. was caused
28. “What can I get my friend for her birthday?” “That depends on how much …… to spend.”
A. do you want B. you want C. you do want D. want you
29. He had the artist …… his portrait for him.
A. paint B. painted C. being painted D. painting
30. Some scientists spend most of their lives …… at rocks.
A. looking B. look C. to look D. looked
B. Identify one underlined word or phrase that is incorrect.
31. When the movie was over, John and me went for a quick walk.
A B C D
32. Mrs. Adams was surprise that her son and his friend had gone to the mountains to ski.
A B C D
33. My counselor suggested that I make my professor to change my grade since I was sick the day of the exam.
A B C D
34. As soon as I saw the smoke, I called the fire department, but they haven’t arrived already.
A B C D
35. Jessica is only an amateur, but she sings sweeter than most professionals.
A B C D
36. The American standard of living is still higher than most of the other countries of the world.
A B C D
37. If you want a particular book, the person to see is the librarian she is wearing glasses.
A B C D
38. Although Alice has been to the mountains many times before, she still loves it.
A B C D
39. This house is more spacious as that white house I bought in Rapid City, South Dakota last year.
A B C D
40. Gardening, according to recent surveys, it is the eighth most popular American leisure-time activity.
A B C D
III. CLOZE PASSAGE
Read the following passage and then choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best completes each blank.
The Southwestern States of the United States suffered one of the worst droughts in their history from 1931 to 1938. The drought (41) ______ the entire country. Few food crops could be grown. Food became (42)______, and prices went up (43) ______ the nation. Hundreds of families in the Dust Bowl region had to be moved to farms in other areas with the help of the federal government. In 1944, drought brought great damage to (44)______ all Latin America. The drought moved to Australia and then to Europe, (45)______ it continued throughout the summer of 1945. From 1950 to 1954 in the United States, the South and Southwest suffered a (46)______ drought. Hundreds of cattle ranchers had to ship their cattle to other regions because (47)______ lands had no grass. The federal government again (48)______ an emergency drought-relief program. It offered farmers (49)______ credit and seed grains (50)______ low prices.
41. A. pushed B. incurred C. occurred D. affected
42. A. scarce B. mystified C. hidden D. uncommon
43. A. over B. throughout C. all D. across
44. A. near B. totally C. almost D. factually
45. A. which B. that C. where D. when
46. A. heavy B. sharp C. strict D. severe
47. A. pasture B. culture C. moisture D. manure
48. A. carried B. conducted C. convened D. conformed
49. A. emergency B. crisis C. tension D. disaster
50. A. to B. in C. over D. at
IV. COMPREHENSION READING
Read the following passage. For questions 51 – 55, you are to choose one best answer (A, B, C or D) to each question.
There are many varieties of spider in the American Southwest, but none receives more respect than the western black widow, Latrodectus Hesperus. This poisonous spider, also called the “hour-glass” or “shoe-button” spider for the shape of the red markings on its abdomen, produces a venom 15 times more powerful than that of a rattlesnake. However, few deaths can be blamed on this insect because bites are rare and only a small amount of poison enters the body.
The female adult black widow may reach a length of 1 ¼ inches, while the smaller male averages ¼ inch long. The adult female has a shiny black bulb-shaped abdomen, which distinguishes it from the male of the species. The male is generally brown with red and white markings on its flat underside.
The female adult deposits its eggs in specially constructed sacs that hold from 50 to 250 eggs. The tiny pale spiderlings hatch within a few months and gradually develop into adults in one to two years. Some females live up to three years. The male does not fare so well, as it sometimes suffers the fate of being consumed by the female after the summer mating season.
51. What does the passage mainly discuss?
A. Varieties of spider in the southwestern U.S. B. Characteristics of Latrodectus Hesperus
C. Poisonous animals of the American Southwest D. the abdomens of black widow spiders
52. It can be inferred from the passage that rattlesnakes
A. cause more deaths than black widows B. do not have markings on their bodies
C. are limited in geographical range D. have more powerful venom than black widows
53. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the passage as a difference between a male and female black widow?
A. Its body length B. The shape of its body C. The potency of its venom D. Its life span
54. In line 7, the word “underside” refers to
A. the portion of the head closest to the ground B. the legs C. the upper back D. the abdomen
55. According to the passage, the maturation of baby black widow spiders occurs
A. very rapidly B. over a couple of years C. within several months D. during the summer mating season
* Tham khảo thêm thông tin về các khóa học ngoại ngữ trên Edunet.com.vn: